Imagination: Keeping it Alive
It is an honor to witness the work of the imagination of children. This is one of the reasons I cherish the work I do. Imagination is like the pure essence of spirit. It is a resource. It is the key to happiness. It makes time stand still. We can solve big dilemmas and make social change happen with the help of it.
There is something about this world we live in that so easily drains it out of us if we don't nurture it and use it. That is why I feel so protective of the imagination of children- still in its pure, undiluted, untainted form. Children have so much to teach us, so much to help us remember.
| "The jewels are under there. When I say, 'Ta-dah' and lift it off, you'll see the jewels." <What are jewels? I asked.> "Jewels are tiny pieces of glass and they are colorful and they glow, too." |